- Council hosts Rural Maryland Day on February 4, 2020.
- Council reaches 25th year of operations.
- New Rural Outlook demographic dashboard launched.
- The Council receives and reviews 179 grant applications totaling $14,679,005 in funding requests.
- In FY2021, the council under the Rural Maryland Prosperity Investment Fund distributes $4,808,170 t0 34 entities.
- The Maryland Agricultural Education and Rural Development Assistance Fund (MAERDAF), which the RMC administers with the help of an interagency board, is funded again in the State Budget. MAERDAF receives a record number of grant proposals, of which 39 are funded for a total of $844,543.
- Council adopts updated Strategic Plan.