- Legislation initiated by the RMC passes establishing the Maryland Agricultural and Resource Based Industry Development Corporation (MARBIDCO) to promote the viability of Maryland’s agriculture, aquaculture, forestry, and seafood industries through enhanced economic development assistance opportunities. Governor Robert L. Ehrlich, Jr. signs the bill into law on May 26, 2004.
- The RMC hosts cooperative developments seminars in conjunction with the Rural Regional Planning and Development Councils.
- The RMC Executive Director is selected to chair the Interagency Technical Assistance Committee on Wastewater Systems in Maryland (MDE). RMC staff also serves on three subcommittees.
- Work on rural broadband deployment, health care and agricultural/RBI development continues.
- The 7th Annual Maryland Rural Summit is scheduled for November 4-5 in Solomons.
- The RMC celebrates 10 years of service to Maryland’s rural communities.