- The Maryland Agricultural and Resource Based Industry Development Corporation (MARBIDCO) Board of Directors is appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Maryland Senate. The RMC agrees to provide interim staffing support to MARBIDCO and secures a Rural Business Enterprise Grant from USDA to initiate MARBIDCO programmatic planning. Legislation is also enacted to authorize MARBIDCO to receive up to $5 million annually.
- The Annie E. Casey Foundation provides a sizable grant to the RMC to initiate the Strengthening Rural Maryland Families Direct Services Program.
- The RMC hosts a series of rural prescription drug forums in light of major changes in Federal Medicare Program.
- The RMC assists with the advance preparations for the Governor’s Agricultural Forum to be held in early 2006.
- The 8th Annual Maryland Rural Summit is held in October in Garrett County.
- Work on rural broadband deployment, health care and agricultural/RBI development continues.