- In Fiscal Year 2018, the council receives 119 grant applications.
- Council hosts Rural Maryland Day on February 8, 2018.
- 2018 Maryland Rural Health Plan released highlighting six areas of need and outlining several policy, system-based and individual recommendations.
- Council hosts two regional Community Reinvestment Act and Broadband roundtables in Hughesville and Allegany College in partnership with the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond Baltimore Branch.
- Council hosts Small Business Lending Forum in Hagerstown in partnership with USDA Rural Development.
- Council hosts national Partners for Rural America annual meeting in Annapolis.