REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP): Partners for Open Space Administrative Coordination
Partners for Open Space, a statewide coalition formed to protect funding for Maryland’s land conservation programs, seeks an integrated provider of administrative and relationship management services to support its core mission. The provider will maintain Partners for Open Space’s existing stakeholder community while working to recruit and invite new organizations to the coalition. The provider will also manage Partners for Open Space’s social media presence and website content.
The delivery of the provider’s services will be supervised directly by the Steering Committee of Partners for Open Space or its designee. Essential functions will include:
- Coordinating and facilitating meetings of the Steering Committee
- Tracking bills, funding, and critical data during the legislative session
- Drafting written testimony during the session, as necessary
- Creating content for the Partners for Open Space website and ensuring that existing content is up-to-date
- Communicating with the public via social media
- Growing the coalition to include new organizations
- Developing or overseeing the development of campaign materials
- Developing and disseminating action alerts to partner organizations and the public
All personnel tasked by the provider to an agreement which results from this RFP must possess or be directly supervised by a person possessing the following minimum qualifications:
- Direct experience of at least 3-5 years in the legislative advocacy space with member communications and web-based outreach platforms.
- Possessing direct experience in legislative outreach and advocacy with a track record of documented legislative success.
Additionally, organizations responding to this RFP should provide evidence of their experience with:
- Legislative advocacy, lobbying, and preparation of complex testimony,
- Advocacy outreach and member communications on state legislation,
- Use of online advocacy platforms and/or the ability to use existing platforms for Partners functions
Evaluation of each proposal submitted in response to this RFP will be performed by the Partners for Open Space Steering Committee. Selection will be made by the same.
Proposals must be submitted electronically by 5:00 p.m. EST on August 9, 2019, to Charlotte Davis at Charlotte.Davis@maryland.gov. Responses will be made Monday, August 26, 2019. The provider is expected to begin delivery on September 1, 2019.