DEADLINE EXTENDED through Wednesday, October 21, 2015!
The Rural Maryland Council (RMC) is pleased to announce a call for nominations for the 2015 Maryland Rural Impact Awards, to be presented on December 3, 2015 during the summit luncheon. These awards recognize individuals and organizations that have performed extraordinary acts of service to communities throughout rural Maryland. We encourage you to share your nomination for such an individual or organization. Please review the criteria and guidelines, then download the appropriate application by selecting from the list that follows. All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ; use the subject line “Rural Impact Awards Nomination.”
Rural Community Volunteer (up to two awards)
For leadership, dedication, and noteworthy volunteer achievement beyond the call of one’s professional duties to help improve their community.
- Distinctive volunteer efforts
- Understanding of community needs
- Positive contributions impacting the economic, health, or well being of their community
- Dedication to community
- Overall leadership in community
For a program, project or organization that successfully attracts, retains or creates jobs in at least one rural county.
- Significance of jobs attracted, retained or created in relation to a community’s economic development objectives
- Noteworthy, creative, or innovative techniques brought to bear on challenging economic development situations
- The use of partnerships for leveraged resources in achieving business development goals
For a program, project or organization that substantially improves the quality of life in at least one rural community.
- Dedication and creativity in providing community-oriented service(s)
- Evidence of collaboration with relevant stakeholders to resolve social problem(s)
The use of partnerships or leveraged resources to realize community-achievement goals
For outstanding leadership and public service in promoting legislation and/or policy solutions to benefit rural communities.
- Demonstrated wisdom and foresight in dealing with rural issues
- Exemplary leadership
- Ability to work with community members and organizations to understand Rural Maryland priorities
- Commitment to working with public servants to address rural community needs
- Overall dedication to serving constituents