Grow Maryland Summit: The Future of Value-Added Agriculture
The Rural Maryland Council and Grow Maryland are partnering to host the Grow Maryland 2016 Summit: The Future of Value-Added Agriculture on Thursday, December 1st!
Grow Maryland is a new non-profit organization being formed that will support and promote Maryland value-added agricultural producers, agritourism operations and small food businesses.
Scheduled for Thursday, December 1, 2016 at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club on Kent Island, Grow Maryland’s Value-Added Agriculture Summit will bring together an estimated 150+ attendees for this first year event. Attendees are anticipated to include value-added agriculture producers and small food businesses, state and county agency representatives (Planning & Zoning, Fire & Life Safety, Health, County Economic Development Offices, Tourism, Commerce, Environment, Natural Resources, and Agriculture), state and county elected officials, food, aquaculture/seafood and agriculture organizations, media and bloggers, and food policy organizations.
Learn more about sponsorship opportunities here.
Presentations from the 2015 Rural Summit:
- The Center for Rural Pennsylvania: Developing Capacity through Community Building
- Financial Stability: Moving People to Action and Achieving Financial Wellness
- Maryland State Health Improvement Measures (SHIP) as Related to Activities in Rural Communities and Workforce Development
- What are Maryland State Agencies Doing to Help Agriculture? An Overview of the Mathias Ag Program
- What is Department of Housing and Community Development Doing to Help Rural Communities?